dord (dôrd), n. density of mind; chiefly exhibited by one who attempts to demonstrate supposed knowledge --adj. dord'ish

1.11.2006

Pride vs. The Glory of God

I had considered starting a blog for quite a while, but held off for a couple of reasons: I didn't exactly know what I wanted to write in a blog; I couldn't think of a good name. Both reasons, I think, revealed pride.

As to the first, having a purposeless blog with aimless posts (which is what it obviously would've been) would only be an attempt at self-glorification.

And the second? The following thought, which I expressed on two occasions, sums it up: "A good blog with a bad name is not a good blog." I now realize this statement to be quite foolish, for while I believe that names are important (Prv. 22:1), my comment was more related to my determination to find a clever title which might serve as a façade to smooth over the inadequacies within. A blog's value is found in its content and not in its name.

So why am I blogging? The reasons (as of now) are three-fold.

1. Blogs can be an excellent forum for holding discussions which might be impossible or cut short elsewhere.

2. It would seem that blogs are also a great way to keep in touch with people one doesn't frequently see.

3. I enjoy writing, and I want to glorify God in it. (Bob Kauflin had some excellent things to say about Blogging to Worship God.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home