dord (dôrd), n. density of mind; chiefly exhibited by one who attempts to demonstrate supposed knowledge --adj. dord'ish

4.25.2008

Snow, Snow, More Snow

Two words that don't go together in Ohio: "normal" and "weather." Hmm, I had always thought of January as the snowy month.


















I find it interesting, too, to see that kind of variation between Akron and Cleveland -- it's not as though Cleveland, being in the snowbelt and receiving lake-effect snow, had higher precipitation each month. (A note for anyone not from the area: those words are a part of the official meteorological terminology in northeast Ohio.)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

I actually miss hearing those words sometimes. I don't know, there's something about the words "lake-effect" that get me all warm and fuzzy inside. That and Goodyear. :-)
Here it's "Nor'easter" and "Ocean-effect" that describe our winter weather. That and "pitiful" like last winter.

4/29/2008 4:44 PM

 
Blogger Jason said...

I can't say I feel warm and fuzzy at the mention of lake-effect snow.
I do like having all four seasons, though.

Goodyear, huh?

4/29/2008 8:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home