dord (dôrd), n. density of mind; chiefly exhibited by one who attempts to demonstrate supposed knowledge --adj. dord'ish

5.07.2007

Going to Na? -- Three Suggestions

Before you leave...
Download the messages from last year--they're more than worth the price. Plus, the Humble Orthodoxy theme is carrying over to this year. If you didn't go to Na06, you should listen to the messages. If you did go, well, how much do you remember?

Cost: $10

When you leave...
Bring extra money to stop by the bookstore. You may also want to decide--before you go--the maximum number of books to buy. Last year I found myself saying, Wow, that looks good... so does that, and that... and that too...

I ended up deciding on three, and managed to read them all. They were all well worth the money, and I hope to re-read them (the mark of books worth owning).


Cost: $8-???

While there...
Make sure you sleep--at night, as in that's why we get hotel rooms, so we don't fall asleep during the sessions.

Cost: A couple of late-night conversations

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Laedelas Greenleaf said...

My solution for the bookstore is to bring my laptop and get stuff at half.com after I see it at the conference :-P Also, my solution for sleep is to sleep as much as possible before the conference, bring really minty gum for the sermons (so I can stay awake), and sleep as much as possible after the conference. I DO actually sleep at the conference, mind you...but I really love late-night conversations!

Is your church staying in the Galt? I hope so. 'Twould make fellowship so much easier.

5/09/2007 3:48 PM

 
Blogger Jason said...

The bookstore actually had pretty good prices. And no shipping costs!When you include shipping, buying online doesn't necessarily turn out to be a savings. (Yeah, I just checked. What a nerdy thing to do.) I could've saved about 80 cents on one book, but, believe-it-or-not, buying the others at Na and avoiding shipping saved money. Of course, if you are going to have your laptop with you, you'll be able to compare prices... nice plan...

Yeah, don't get me wrong--I like good conversations, too, late night and everything. But there comes a time when I need to call it quits so that I won't feel like a zombie the next day.

Galt House? Oh yeah. We've got an even bigger group going from our church this year, too.

5/09/2007 11:08 PM

 
Blogger Laedelas Greenleaf said...

Sweet. I may just ditch the laptop if the bookstore is cheap. I didn't bother checking prices last time I was there. Thanks for letting me know :-)

5/10/2007 1:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I going to Na? Na, I don't think you'll see me at Na this year; but I will keep up on my Na so that my organs and nervous system don't start shutting down (my Mom said this about the organs, and I remember this about the nervous system.)

5/19/2007 10:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a way that I might be able to contact you via e-mail? I would like to contact you about possibly working with you.

Thanks,
Nathan

E-Mail:
fsfminfo@gmail.com

5/25/2007 12:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason,
I look forward to hearing about Na from you; I trust that God was active among you, and that over the next few weeks we'll get to read some of your take-away thoughts here on your blog.

5/30/2007 9:47 AM

 
Blogger Jason said...

Stephen,

Yes, and I'm currently thinking about how I'll go about some sort of recap. Hopefully I'll get to it before long.


Nathan,

Might you be able to be a bit more specific regarding the nature of what you're talking about?

5/31/2007 10:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home