dord (dôrd), n. density of mind; chiefly exhibited by one who attempts to demonstrate supposed knowledge --adj. dord'ish

12.31.2009

2009: The Year That Was

A few reflections on this past year.

Favorite class:
Heat Transfer

Longest time spent studying for a single test:
Six and a half hours -- straight -- for my second Design of Mechanical Components midterm.

Number of nightmares about final exams:
None. (Two years in a row. Interesting.)

Miles on my car:
4700

One thing I won't miss:
One shower for a family of nine.

One thing I will miss:
... I guess I feel pretty content to move on to the year ahead.

Best memories from an event:
A day at Cedar Point with my dad's side of the family.

Best memories from life in general:
Random, hilarious moments with my family that, frankly, can't be described--not that anyone outside the family would necessarily understand anyway. Wait, I said that last year, and the year before, and the year before that. But seriously, what from "life in general" is going to beat that out? [Although I wonder, for how many more years will family moments be "life in general" moments? Life is changing. Ooh. Next question.]

Book that impacted me the most (after the Bible):
The Holiness of God, by R.C. Sproul.

Song that impacted me the most:
I'll have to give two: Forever (West Coast Revival) and All the Way My Savior Leads Me (Chris Tomlin)

Doctrine that impacted me the most:
God as Father.

A Good Piece of 2009 Trivia:
[to be provided by a reader]

A whole year later...
Moving day has been reinvented: the family moves; I stay.


Share a few reflections of your own in the comments section.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home