dord (dôrd), n. density of mind; chiefly exhibited by one who attempts to demonstrate supposed knowledge --adj. dord'ish

6.26.2006

Books (for lack of a better post name)

I've thought of doing book reviews, both to help myself remember the content of each book and to recommend the really good ones to others. The following lists are all composed of non-fiction books. (I did not include the Bible in any of these lists).

Last 5 Books I Read:
Desiring God, by John Piper
Life As a Vapor, by John Piper
Orthodoxy, by G.K. Chesterton
Uniting Church and Home, by Eric Wallace
Jesus Among Other Gods, by Ravi Zacharias

Currently Reading:
When I Don't Desire God, by John Piper
Questioning Evangelism, by Randy Newman
The Abolition of Man, by C.S. Lewis

Next 5 Books I Plan to Read:
The Cost of Discipleship, by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Growing Up Christian, by Karl Graustein
Living the Cross-Centered Life, by C.J. Mahaney
Future Grace, by John Piper
Holiness, by J.C. Ryle

Has anyone read some of these books? If so, which were your favorites (and why)?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Chanel Blanc said...

Ok. BTW when I ACTUALLY figure out how to link something I'll create one to your blog. . . Where, more importantly WHEN, did you find the word "dord??"

6/27/2006 12:59 AM

 
Blogger Chanel Blanc said...

WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN??!!! Who said I didn't think you had a sense of humor!!??? And WHY WOULD YO NAME YOUR LINK TO MY SITE THAT??!! BTW I would LOVE to hear your answer . . . *laughs* and I'm not going to tell you whether or not I'm actually mad!! (And YOU have to figure out if I mean Mad - Crazy or Mad - Angry!!

6/27/2006 1:01 AM

 
Blogger Jason said...

Perhaps "sense of humor" isn't exactly what I was looking for. Give me a better name and I'll use it.

6/27/2006 5:50 PM

 
Blogger Chanel Blanc said...

Hmm. . .You tempt me to a dangerous thing!! I could probably come up with some EXTREMELY amusing names, example. My blog was originally called The Secrets of Scary People, but it seemed to imply something, namely that I am scary, and so I changed it.

Whatever, I was teasing you, ok. PARTIALLY, but you get the point!!
You never actually answered my question! WHO told you I thought you had no sense of humor??!!

7/03/2006 3:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home