dord (dôrd), n. density of mind; chiefly exhibited by one who attempts to demonstrate supposed knowledge --adj. dord'ish

9.01.2006

No, I'm Not A Blonde

How much (if anything) do profile pictures matter? I don't know. My sisters told me on several occasions that the picture I had been using didn't really look like me, and encouraged me to find a new one. I had figured that what I had was odd in a somehow fitting way for use on a blog. Nonetheless, I decided to give a new one a try. My mom saw it and immediately said that it makes me look like I have blonde hair. (It's red.) Oh well, maybe we don't have any good pictures of me.

This is seeming like a somewhat pointless post, except that it gives me the chance to include the photo you see below of me and two of my lovely sisters, who I had to crop out of my new picture.











(l-r) Monica, me, DeAnna

Anyway, I'll end with a few questions. If you have a blog, why did you choose the picture you did? And should I (A) go back to my old one, (B) keep this one, or (C) find a different one? Bonus question: where was this picture taken?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Chanel Blanc said...

I can't comment on the profile pic thing. . . My Mom kinda forbade me to do it. . . Something about weirdos and axe murderers . . . So I don't put up pics of myself on the net . . .
I shall now answer all of your questions AT ONCE!! BWAHAHAH!!! The profile picture doesn't really matter. It just depends on your point of view, after all I do just fine without one! ~_^ The current pic is fine but if you get a better one than you can always change. It's not like there is an unspoken law about how many times you are allowed to change your profile pic. . . Besides it gives you an opportunity to show off your camera skills, so you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone!
And last but not least . . . *drumm roll* YOUTH CAMP!!! I may have only been there for like a day and a half but I'd know that railing anywhere!! Plus DeAnna was wearing that shirt when she came back! ;P

9/02/2006 4:42 PM

 
Blogger Jason said...

Yeah, I don't think the picture thing really matters, either, but I still am interested in knowing why people choose the pictures they do.

How can I practice my camera skills on myself? :-)

RE location of the picture. I decided it would take about 2 seconds to figure out for anyone who's been there--as you said, that building is unforgettable.

9/02/2006 10:32 PM

 
Blogger Laedelas Greenleaf said...

I chose my picture because it was me...in a tree...it resembled some sort of elvish activity, which is fitting to my blog. My actual favorite picture of me involves braids, sweat bands, and a piercing glare from behind a sword blade :-D

A) Looks good! Your hair seems...strawberry blonde? Being blonde 'aint all bad... :-P

B) It's pretty much up to you...I think more about the words on your blog than the profile pic I see every time I load it :-)

C) I agree with both of you. Actually, Rae, your sister was on my team YEARS ago and I knew her before I knew you!

sguidqyk
Strange Gullible Ugly Iridescent Ducks Quack, "Yikes! Kids!"

9/07/2006 12:28 AM

 
Blogger Jason said...

"Your hair seems... strawberry blonde? Being blonde 'aint all bad... :-P"

Oh, I wouldn't say it's at all bad. :-) It just makes me look... different. But yeah, strawberry blonde is probably the best description. I don't have the blazing red hair of a typical redhead.

wgcupry
With Grey Cats Under Porches, Rats Yelp

9/09/2006 10:37 PM

 
Blogger Clear Ambassador said...

I enjoy profile pictures because they give me yet another chance to be different, and another way to find and use cool-looking pictures--both things I heartily enjoy. If you don't enjoy those, or don't experience profile pics as a means to those ends, then it's really up to you how representative of a picture you're happy with. Ultimately, though, I do look at it as a representation of myself. HOW it represents me (literally, accurately, creatively...) is up to my whim.

ouaed
"Onward! Upward!" ambition exclaims daily

9/13/2006 12:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home