dord (dôrd), n. density of mind; chiefly exhibited by one who attempts to demonstrate supposed knowledge --adj. dord'ish

8.01.2007

The Booklist

This list is limited to Christian non-ficiton. But even with that qualification it is not complete, for I know that there are many other substantial Christian works which I have not yet read. Beyond that, even as a list of Christian non-fiction which I have read, the list is incomplete, as it only includes books which I have read since the start of 2005, when I began to cultivate an interest in regular Christian reading and started a personal booklist. Since I don't know that I can recall all of the books I read previously (nor, since it has been so long, exactly where I'd place them on this list) I have decided to relist only the books I've read since 2005. Several of the "older" titles stand out, however, as books which I would still like to recommend. These include C.S. Lewis' Mere Christianity, Chuck Colson and Nancy Pearcey's How Now Shall We Live?, and Josh Harris' I Kissed Dating Goodbye and Boy Meets Girl, and Henry Morris' The Genesis Record. I'm sure that there are others, but, as I said, I can't remember all of the titles I've read.

All books are listed alphabetically by rating. Those that are hyperlinked have reviews that I have written on this blog. For more on the ratings, as well as a background on why I've decided to write book reviews, please read "Why Review?"

Three Books That Changed My Life
Don't Waste Your Life, John Piper
The God Who Is There, Francis Schaeffer
Money, Possessions & Eternity, Randy Alcorn

Must Read
The Discipline of Grace, Jerry Bridges
The Holiness of God, R.C. Sproul
Humility: True Greatness, C.J. Mahaney
Knowing God, J.I. Packer
Living the Cross Centered Life, C.J. Mahaney
The Peacemaker, Ken Sande
Systematic Theology, Wayne Grudem
This Momentary Marriage, John Piper
Total Truth, Nancy Pearcey
When I Don't Desire God: How to Fight for Joy, John Piper

Highly Recommended
The Cross of Christ, John R.W. Stott
Desiring God, John Piper
Do Hard Things, Alex & Brett Harris
Escape From Reason, Francis Schaeffer
Father, Son, & Holy Spirit, Bruce Ware
Finally Alive, John Piper
The Gospel for Real Life, Jerry Bridges
Heaven, Randy Alcorn
He Is There And He Is Not Silent, Francis Schaeffer
Her Hand in Marriage, Douglas Wilson
Holiness, J.C. Ryle
The Knowledge of the Holy, A.W. Tozer
The Pursuit of Holiness, Jerry Bridges
Not Even A Hint, Josh Harris
Questioning Evangelism, Randy Newman
Reforming Marriage, Douglas Wilson
Spectacular Sins, John Piper
Thoughts For Young Men, J.C. Ryle
What Jesus Demands from the World, John Piper
When People Are Big And God Is Small, Edward T. Welch

Recommended
A Call to Spiritual Reformation, D.A. Carson
The Case for Christ, Lee Strobel
The Certainty of Faith, Herman Bavinck
A Christian Manifesto, Francis Schaeffer
The Cost of Discipleship, Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Counted Righteous In Christ, John Piper
Doing Things Right In Matters of the Heart, John Ensor
Federal Husband, Douglas Wilson
Fifty Crucial Questions, John Piper & Wayne Grudem
Future Men, Douglas Wilson
Get Married, Candice Watters
The Good Life, Charles Colson
A Good Start, Charles Spurgeon
The Great Exchange, Jerry Bridges & Bob Bevington
Growing Up Christian, Karl Graustein
Jesus Among Other Gods, Ravi Zacharias
Just Do Something, Kevin DeYoung
Life As A Vapor, John Piper
Light in the Shadow of Jihad, Ravi Zacharias
The Message of Acts, John R.W. Stott
The Message of Ephesians, John R.W. Stott
Orthodoxy, G.K. Chesterton
The Reason for God, Tim Keller
Seeing And Savoring Jesus Christ, John Piper
Uniting Church And Home, Eric Wallace
What He Must Be, Voddie Baucham Jr.
What's the Difference? John Piper
Why Small Groups?, C.J. Mahaney (editor)

Don't Bother
They're out there, but so far I haven't bothered to read them.


Last Updated: 1/10

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home