dord (dôrd), n. density of mind; chiefly exhibited by one who attempts to demonstrate supposed knowledge --adj. dord'ish

4.07.2010

Cross Road

I’m at a crossroad – a big one. I could choose option A or B or C. Quite literally I could turn north or south – or neither.

Life seems to be a series of crossroads. The options now before me have come partly as a result of past choices. The choice I make now will affect future options – when still more choices will still have to be made. Each road at a crossroad leads to another crossroad. The number of branches becomes dizzying.

What will I choose? Where will it take me? Where will I end up?

I want answers. This is important stuff here – it’s my life.

Is it?

“For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” (Gal. 2:19-20)

That changes my perspective. My life is not my own. But…

What will I choose? Where will it take me? Where will I end up?

I want answers. I want to see.

The answer doesn’t come as I wanted it to. I don’t see further down each branch of the road. Instead, I see the road itself with new eyes: I’m not at a crossroad; I’m on the cross road.

What will I choose? “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.” (Luke 9:23)

Where will it take me? “Whoever loses his life for my sake will save it.” (Luke 9:24)

Where will I end up? “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God.” (Rev. 21:3)

I want to see. “They shall see his face.” (Rev. 22:4)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous megan said...

Excellent post Jason.

4/08/2010 7:24 AM

 
Blogger S.A. Detwiler said...

It is amazing how much God can change our perspective on life! You inspire and encourage me to walk in a similarly humble manner before God---planning and yet submitting everything to the Lord God Almighty.

---wish I could have talked longer with you today...your graduation and probable big next stop is just around the corner! How exciting!

4/10/2010 9:19 PM

 
Blogger Abby said...

Thanks for the post and for pointing to specific verses. It's so encouraging to be reminded again that God's Word actually speaks to those thoughts and concerns.

Good to see you guys at Next!

6/19/2010 12:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home